Before we get to today's challenge, the first mission of the March of Scrubs, let's check out the artist spotlight for today, March 1st: Dale Chase:
A Brooklyn-born Hip Hop producer and emcee, Dale Chase loves writing songs about geek culture. With a laid back flow and a general groove attitude towards life, Mr. Chase is ready to bring you some classic Hip Hop storytelling to keep your head nodding off the axis.
Having been a hobbyist programmer since the age of 12, it wasn't a stretch when he decided to write one of his biggest first tracks, "Coder Girl," his ode to female programmers.
His sound, cultivated from a blend of artists like Pete Rock, Ski, and Donald Fagen, is coupled with lyrics referencing Doctor Who, the X-files, and much more.
For social info, music videos, and to download his 2 solo albums and 4 featured albums for free, click right here.
And now, your mission awaits:
Today is Facebook Boost Day! Here's what we would love for you to do:
1. Go to the official Scrub Club Records Facebook page.
2. If you haven't already, hit the "Like" button.
3. Find the little gear button to the right underneath the banner:
4. Click that, and select "Share:"
5. You are now ready to share us with the world! At the top, you'll see your options on HOW you want to share our page. Please select "On your own timeline (or profile)." If you are a member of groups that you think would enjoy us, come back and repeat this step for "In a group." If you run a business, supporter, or artist page and would like to show support, come back and repeat this step for "On your Page." Before you hit the "Share Page" button, make sure to write a note to your friends, groups, supporters, or customers so that they know what we're about before they go to the link. If you're not feeling creative, feel free to copy and pate what's shown in the image: "Scrub Club is worth checking out. They are the hardest working independent artists out there, trying to destroy greed in the industry and give the power back to musicians and listeners. And all their albums are FREE!"
6. You're all done! Hell yeah, thanks for the major help!
Awesome Extra Credit
If you're a fellow independent artist or if you run a Facebook page that runs along the same interests we do, feel free to do this to spread the word, also. Instead of selecting "Share" after clicking the gear button, select "Add To My Page's Favorites:"
And then, select which page (or pages) you would like to link up with Scrub Club:
Click on "Save," and you've earned yourself some bonus points!
True Soldier Extra Credit
Want to help us out a tenfold more? Do the above steps for your favorite Scrub Club artists as well! Follow the links below to their pages:
Emergency Pizza Party: http://www.facebook.com/emergencypizzaparty
Kabuto the Python: http://www.facebook.com/pages/KABUTO-THE-PYTHON/176556936174
King Pheenix: http://www.facebook.com/kingphee
Rob Grounds: http://www.facebook.com/btvonline
Service Lab: http://www.facebook.com/ServiceLab
Soup or Villainz: http://www.facebook.com/SoupOrVillainz
Untested Methods: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Untested-Methods/200398176654002
Street Team Extra Credit
Want to spread the Facebook page offline? We made a somewhat nerdy, somewhat mysterious QR code flyer that you can print out, cut out, and leave everywhere that might attract attention! Zelda lovers, Nintendo addicts, and curious weirdos alike will take out their smart phone, scan this code, and it will send them straight to our Facebook page! Nifty, eh? Just click on the image above or click here to download the Facebook QR code flyer.
Please note: Whether you're cutting these out yourself or making the copy shop do it – Starting in the top-left corner, you cut every 2.75 inches. This will leave you with exactly 12 square, 2.75" flyers per sheet. Spread 'em all around!
And there you have it, challenge 1 of The March of Scrubs is complete! Stay tuned for more fresh updates about Dale Chase at different times today, and thank you so much for promoting. Much love to all of our Scrubby family out there!