Before we get to today's challenge, the twelfth mission of the March of Scrubs, let's check out the artist spotlight for today, March 12th: Kasparov:
For social info and to download his solo album and 4 featured albums for free, click right here.
And now, your mission awaits:
Today is Remix Contest Day! Here's what we would love for you to do:
1. Grab one or all of the following "open source" remix packs stuffed full of acapellas and instrumentals:
- Kabuto the Python – "Shed Skins" Open Source Pack
- Kabuto the Python and BC – "The N7 EP" Open Source Pack
- King Pheenix – "B.I.T.W." Open Source Pack
- King Pheenix – "Hero vs. Villain" Open Source Pack
- MadHatter – "8Bit Bullshit" Open Source Pack (includes all instrumentals)
- MadHatter – "Wonderland" Open Source Pack (random singles and collaboration verses)
- Maros – "Digital Miniboss" Open Source Pack (a sneak peek at the upcoming album)
- Rob Grounds – "Puzzle Pieces" Open Source Pack (random singles, verses, and hooks)
- Service Lab – "R2D2 EP" Open Source Pack (complete stems)
- Sinister Six – "Invasion of the Mic Snatchers" Open Source Pack (includes all instrumentals)
- Various Artists – "Versus Mode" Open Source Pack
- Various Artists – "Table Scraps" Open Source Pack (random tracks from various SCR artists)
Another quick way to access these files / remember how to get them is to simply point your browser to the remix folder.
These packs released today contain the acapellas for 108 different songs, and some include the instrumentals as well. There are 363 files total, which means some songs are more than just simple acapella and instrumental – those are even broken down to individual stems! All in all, there is 1.2 gigs of audio files to play around with to come up with whatever remix / mash-up projects you might want to put together.
2. Create as many dope remixes of Scrub Club music as you can! The freshest mix from all of the submissions is the winner – and the prize is a year's worth of Dimes Club! Not only that, but depending on the amount of quality submissions, your remix or mash-up may be featured on an upcoming Scrub Club Records release!
3. Submitting them to us is easy – If you're friends with MadHatter on Facebook, attach a file to your message. If you want to use email, then send your tracks to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, if you upload it elsewhere, just send Hatter a message with the link. You have until Saturday, March 31st to enter.
RULES: None, absolutely no rules. What would be the fun in that? However, when submitting your mixes, please make sure to include who to properly credit – not just you, but every other artist or producer featured in your mix. There's a possibility your mix might appear on an upcoming release, so make sure to encode the file in at least 192k mp3, but strive for 320!
True Soldier Extra Credit
If you're not a remixer, then this is where you come in – Send this information to your favorite DJs and other artists/groups/bands! Just because audio creation isn't your forte doesn't mean you can't participate. Track down an audio assassin to help you complete your mission.
And there you have it, challenge 12 of The March of Scrubs is complete! Stay tuned for more fresh updates about Kasparov at different times today, and thank you so much for promoting. Much love to all of our Scrubby family out there!